In breakfast, dairy free, gluten free, nutrition and meals, paleo, primal, recipes on July 26, 2012 at 10:07 am
2 -3 large eggs at room temperature
Salt and pepper
1 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter
1. Crack eggs into medium bowl. (Note: to avoid shells falling into your eggs, tap the eggs on a flat surface rather than the edge of your bowl or sink. If a bit of shell does make it into the bowl, scoop it out with the edge of an egg shell – it’s more efficient than chasing it about with your fingers or a spoon).
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Whisk until the mixture is frothy and pale yellow, 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Melt 1 T butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
5. Pour in the beaten eggs and quickly start stirring in small concentric circles all around the pan with a heatproof rubber spatula or wooden spoon, making sure to scrape up and incorporate eggs on the bottom and sides of pan.
6. Small curds will start to develop; keep stirring.
7. Once most of the egg mixture is set, drop in the remaining ½ tablespoon butter and turn off heat.
8. Keep stirring to incorporate the butter and serve.
Eat immediately. Serves one.
In dairy free, desserts, paleo, primal, recipes on July 22, 2012 at 5:02 pm
I have come across several wonderful recipes for coconut cream frosting for those on a dairy free and gluten free paleo diet. Whether you prefer to use shredded coconut, coconut milk, coconut manna or coconut cream to make your dairy free whipped topping, there’s a recipe here for you.
photo credit: healthylivinghowto.com
Coconut Cream Frosting
The first recipe is made with coconut butter, which is an excellent frosting ingredient. It’s sweet all on its own and can be warmed and whipped into shape quite easily. This recipe uses only a few ingredients and comes together quickly. It’s a perfect complement to a coconut chocolate cake or chocolate valentino flourless chocolate cake.
Adapted from http://gnowfglins.com
This recipe makes enough to frost one double-layer cake.
1 15-16 ounce jar coconut butter or coconut manna, warmed to a blendable texture
1 1/2 Tbsp raw honey, warmed to a blendable texture
1 cup full-fat coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
Place coconut butter, honey, and vanilla extract in bowl of food processor. Process until well combined. Add coconut milk, a little at a time, until frosting reaches your desired consistency.
In breakfast, food porn, gluten free, paleo, primal on July 22, 2012 at 1:41 pm
Egg sandwich with a slice of organic turkey lunch meat on a cauli-egg sandwich thin.
3 cups grated or processed raw cauliflower
a few grinds of black pepper
1tbsp ground flaxseed or chia seed (optional)
Preheat oven to 450
Whisk everything together very well (using a big whisk or fork)
Place in 1/4 cup mounds on a parchment lined baking sheet sprayed with olive oil
Using your hands shape into flat rounds, like sandwich thins
Bake for 10 minutes, flip and bake another 5
recipe & photo credit: http://www.healthylicious-housewife.com/pages/recipes/?p=recipe&recipe=124